What We Believe
- We believe the Bible is the word of God, and that the Word of God is our only
and final rule in all matters of Faith and Practice.
- We believe the King James
Authorized Version is the preserved word for the English-speaking people. "For
ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in Heaven." Psalms 119:89 (Use this link
to see the differences between the different versions)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, Who was made manifest in the
flesh as the Son of God. "And without controversy great is the mystery of
goodliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of
angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in
glory." 1 Timothy 3:16
- We Believe Salvation is by Grace through Faith alone, that this Faith is to
be in the finished work of Jesus who shed his blood for sinners. "Forasmuch as
we know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and
gold.... But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and
without spot" 1 Peter 1:18,19
- We believe all sinners, and all sinners must be saved to go to heaven.
- We believe the Church is to be Fundamental, Independent, and self-governing.
We believe Jesus Christ is the Only and Supreme Head of the Church. "For the
husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church: and he
is the Saviour of the body." Eph 5:23